This chicken curry recipe is simple to make. With only a few cupboard spices, you can make a delicious supper in no time. This curry is unquestionably flavorful, owing to the wonderful combination of fragrant spices and tender chicken. In case you’re looking for the best Caribbean restaurants in Nassau, give Legend Cookhouse.
This quick and simple chicken curry is creamy and flavorful, and it only takes about half an hour to prepare!
Each serving contains 232 calories, 25 grams of protein, 6.5 grams of carbs (4 of which are sugars), 11 grams of fat (3 of which are saturated), 3 grams of fiber, and 0.6 grams of salt.
1. Slice the spring onions thinly, keeping a handful of the green portions for garnish. Garlic should be peeled and chopped. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the spring onions and garlic for a few minutes over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes after adding the tomatoes, curry powder, and ground ginger. If the pan becomes dry, add a splash of water and keep an eye on the spices to ensure they don’t burn.
2. Cook for 5 minutes after adding the chicken. Check to see whether all of the chicken is covered and browning on the sides.
3. Bring to a boil with 250ml/9fl oz water. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no pink juices remain in the center of the pieces.
4. Prepare the rice while the chicken is cooking. Fill a pot halfway with rice and rinse it under cold water to remove any hazy starch. Remove the murky water. To cook the rice, add clean water. You’ll need nearly twice as much water as you would for rice. (Add a bit less than two cups of water if using a mug of rice.) Bring to a boil, then lower to a low heat setting. Cover with a cover and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes with the lid on. This will end the rice cooking process. It’s critical to keep the lid on so that no steam escapes.
5. Remove the curry from the heat, add the yogurt, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the stew over rice with a dollop of yogurt on top.